I am happy when publishers and authors contact me to review a book in exchange for an honest and fair opinion.
However, I cannot accept all review copies. While I will look into any book offered, I will not accept the copy if:
- The book doesn’t seem like something I will be interested in. I think a reviewer who is genuinely captivated by the subject of the book will be able to give a better point of view.
- I don’t have the time to read and review the book in the near future.
- It is chick-lits, erotica, religious/spiritual, horror, thrillers or paranormal.
I hope that the guidelines below will give a bit more clarity on what my personal review guide is, which you might want to consider before you spend money on sending me the book.
- I read a range of genres including:
- Literary Fiction
- Young Adult
- Magical Realism
- Historical Fiction
- Science Fiction
- I’m not an extremely fast reader plus I work full-time, but I will try my best to read and review your book as soon as I can. However, I do not like it when I am pressured. I will read when I have the time and the mood takes me, the right book at the wrong time can be disastrous.
- I have an e-reader. I like print books though.
- I promise to be honest; this can be a good and a bad thing.
- My reviews will be unbiased so I cannot promise to always write positive reviews. Please note that the criticism, if any, is subjected towards the book and not to the author or publisher it was sent by. Also if I do not enjoy the book, but I feel a particular group of readers might like the book, I would mention so in the reviews.
- Receiving ARCs or books does not affect my honest opinion in any way. It will always be stated in my reviews whether or not I’ve received the book from the publisher/author.
- If the book is part of a series that I’ve not read yet, I would appreciate if you would send me the other books as well. Please take note that I am living in Johannesburg, South Africa, so if you’re planning to send a physical copy, you need to send me an email first so I can provide my mailing information if needed.
- I do buy books too; it’s not all take, take, take.
If you are interested in sending a review copy or need further information, please contact me. My email address is email@example.com. I will always send a reply back even if it is a ‘no’.
★★★★★ – I loved the book! An epic read. It caught my attention from the start until the very end. Instantly added on my favourite reads.
★★★★ – Enjoyable, interesting and amazing story. Has some small issues. Probably added on my favorite list.
★★★ – Some parts were enjoyable and some were okay. I would still recommend it.
★★ – I was able to finish it, so it’s okay. It might appeal to some.
★ – Most of the time I don’t like giving 1 star but if I have to then I will.